Centralina Regional Council seeks a well-organized, customer-service oriented individual for the position of PROGRAM ASSISTANT to provide administrative related support to community-based services offered and/or managed by the Centralina Area Agency on Aging Department. The Program Assistant will provide functional and logistical support in two major areas:
- Administrative Program Logistics – providing support to all aspects of aging programs and activities, and
- Health Promotions Program Services and Third-party billing
Centralina is an innovative regional planning agency located in Charlotte, NC with a membership that includes 60+ local governments throughout the Greater Charlotte Region. Centralina works with individual communities and leads major projects that transcend local and regional boundaries. Our mission is to lead regional collaboration and spark local action to expand opportunity and improve quality of life. We do this through creative problem solving, innovative service delivery and support to our local governments.
MAJOR DUTIES include but are not limited to:
Administrative Program Logistics
- Providing administrative and clerical support for programs and services as organized and directed using a Work Request system
- Maintaining web-based calendars and websites and updating social media content
- Serving as primary staff support for workshops and events, handling logistics and preparing related meeting materials
- Maintaining inventory lists of materials and supplies for outreach marketing, health fairs and other promotions
Health Promotions Program Services and Third-party billing
- Data entry of workshops, volunteers, certification, and clients
- Assisting in the third-party billing processes (Medicare, Managed Care, and Medicaid)
- Acting as a liaison to partner/vendor business representatives
- Maintaining related reports and lists
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES include but are not limited to:
Ability to plan and organize events and meetings and to organize program and administrative support activities and tasks. Considerable knowledge of computer applications including Microsoft Office 365 Suite. Ability to maintain confidentiality and possess good decision‐making, problem‐solving skills. Individual must also be very detail oriented and be able to prepare and maintain accurate and detailed records and also possess the ability to multitask and manage multiple and simultaneous priorities. Must also possess excellent organizational skills and demonstrate the ability to work with a diverse group of service providers, governmental agency representatives, advisory boards, volunteers, consumers, associates and the general public.
MINIMUM REQUIREMENTS: Associate’s degree with coursework related to office management, administrative support or other closely related field and experience; or an equivalent combination of experience and training. Extensive customer service experience required. Hiring Salary: $35K with excellent benefits including NC Local Governmental Employees’ Retirement System;
401-K; paid sick, vacation and holiday leave; excellent medical, dental and vision insurance; disability and life insurance.
Send cover letter and résumé to firstname.lastname@example.org. Position is open until filled with rolling interviews. Interested applicants are encouraged to apply early. EOE