Centralina Council of Governments (CCOG) seeks a highly motivated, innovative, financial professional for the position of SENIOR ACCOUNTANT to assist in executing the fiscal, business and accountability functions of the organization.
This position reports to the Director of Finance and must be a team player and a strong leader who holds team members accountable and models exceptional customer service. The chosen candidate should possess excellent supervisory skills, be confident, firm but fair and flexible, and be a good mediator.
MAJOR DUTIES include:
- Assisting the department director in formulating departmental policy and developing goals and objectives, as well as, keeping the director informed of critical issues and developments;
- Ensuring day-to-day accounting and fiscal activities are in conformance with generally accepted accounting principles and standards and appropriate laws and regulations within the State of North Carolina and governing Local Municipalities relating to revenues, payables, payroll and budgeting.
- Applying extensive knowledge in local government finance administration to the organization’s accounting, payroll and grant related work and projects;
- Directly supervising, reviewing and evaluating work of finance support staff;
- Effective in developing an all-inclusive team approach in building, developing and training assigned staff;
- Be able to build a supervisory relationship and at the same time learn from existing staff;
- Effectively communicating and presenting financial matters of the organization to staff, Directors and the Board, as needed.
Individual must have knowledge of generally accepted accounting principles and of government statutes and regulations. The successful individual must have excellent communication and relationship building skills and be capable of positively representing the department. The successful individual must be able to prioritize, negotiate, and work with a variety of internal and external stakeholders. Must also possess the ability to multitask and manage multiple and simultaneous priorities.
Bachelor’s degree in accounting or finance. A Master’s degree is preferred. Certified Public Accountant (CPA) and/or Certified Public Finance Officer (CPFO) designation is desirable. Three years of financial statement analytics and three years of supervisory experience.
Send résumé and cover letter (please include salary requirements) to: CCOG, “Finance Recruitment”, 9815 David Taylor, Suite 100, Charlotte, NC 28262 or email@example.com or fax to 704-899-5824. Consideration of applications will begin immediately, and the search will remain open until the position is filled. EOE
CCOG is an innovative regional planning agency located in Charlotte, North Carolina with a membership that includes 60+ local governments throughout the Greater Charlotte Region.