A COMMUNICATIONS COORDINATOR is needed to support the Centralina Workforce Development Board. Must be well‐organized, customer‐service oriented and have a strong communications and marketing background. The Centralina Workforce Development Board (WDB) is responsible for local workforce funding and invests in the community by partnering with economic development, education and businesses to create innovative strategies to serve career seekers and businesses. Centralina WDB is a division within the Centralina Regional Council.
MAJOR DUTIES include but are not limited to:
- Developing and implementing Board directed communications and outreach strategy.
- Collaborating with Centralina WDB Executive Director, staff, NCWorks Career Centers, and others on the creation of public relations strategies for educating and informing the region about WDB services and initiatives
- Recognizing communications opportunities and solutions, and defining and executing appropriate strategies to support them
- Overseeing development and maintenance of electronic communications including website, blog(s), and social media sites; managing relationships with associated vendors
- Designing and/or editing and distributing a variety of outreach materials including ads, flyers, brochures, banners, fact sheets, event signage, invitations, etc. as needed.
- Developing video content for use on Board website and Board social media platforms.
- Writing and distributing press releases for WDB services and activities; serving as primary point of contact with the local and regional news media
- Managing and updating print/photo/video library of success stories, events, etc.
- Participating in planning and coordinating the details of meetings and events
- Tracking and reporting analytics on communication and outreach campaigns and coordinating promotional events
- Staying up to date on industry trends and make recommendations and present solutions for adjustments to communication strategies and practices.
- Conducting frequent customer interviews for success stories.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES include but are not limited to:
Requires excellent oral and written communication and organizational skills, considerable attention to detail and the ability to multitask and manage multiple and simultaneous priorities. Must demonstrate skill and comfort in building relationships with members of the media, stakeholders, and the general public in order to achieve communication goals. Must also demonstrate the ability to comprehend and transform sometimes complex information into clear, concise, useful and exciting messages. In addition, must possess strong, creative problem-solving skills including the ability to apply sound judgment and innovative ideas to meet challenges. Ideal candidate must possess considerable knowledge of specialized computer programs including graphic design and layout, webpage, social media, and other specialized technology applications.
MINIMUM REQUIREMENTS: Bachelor’s degree in marketing and related experience in communications, webpage design, editing, event planning and management; or an equivalent combination of education and experience and training. Hiring Salary: $40-42K depending on experience with excellent benefits including NC Local Government Retirement System, 401k, medical, dental, vision, etc.
Send cover letter and résumé to: email@example.com or to 9815 David Taylor Drive, Suite 100, Charlotte, NC 28262. The position is open until filled. EOE.