Be part of a creative team in a dynamic & diverse region!
Who We Seek:
Centralina Regional Council seeks a well-organized, customer-service oriented individual for the position of WORKFORCE DEVELOPMENT BOARD COORDINATOR to assist in coordinating the events and programs of Centralina’s Workforce Development Board (WDB). The individual in this role will assist with meeting coordination and logistics, will oversee board efforts and initiatives and coordinate workforce development board inventory. The successful candidate must have great project/program development skills with the ability to effectively plan and coordinate meetings. The candidate must also understand the importance of building positive relationships within the local business community and agencies in the region and exhibit strong organizational and problem-solving skills.
Centralina Regional Council is an innovative regional planning agency located in Charlotte, NC with a membership that includes 60+ local governments throughout the Greater Charlotte Region. Centralina works with individual communities and leads major projects that transcend local and regional boundaries. Our mission is to lead regional collaboration and spark local action to expand opportunity and improve quality of life.
Centralina WDB is a division within Centralina Regional Council. Centralina WDB initiates planning, negotiation and integration of various workforce services in seven of the nine counties of the Centralina region. The core functions of the Board are policy guidance, program oversight, coordination of services and building partnerships with businesses to connect talent to employment.
The Centralina Team:
Centralina strives to provide an inclusive, creative and supportive work environment for its employees. Centralina’s staff of nearly 50 individuals serve as subject-matter experts to ensure our organization is able to meet critical business needs and is responsive to the needs of those that need our help the most. Centralina’s staff of friendly, talented and professional individuals helps ensure Centralina remains a trusted source of data and analysis that informs decision makers and calls attention to important trends. Centralina is a great place to work, learn and grow in your career.
Centralina offers its employees an excellent benefits package including membership in the NC Local Government Retirement System, 401k, medical, dental, vision and flexible benefits programs.
Description of the Work:
Major duties and responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Serving as primary support for the NC Works Online system and providing related training;
- Developing customized training for staff and partners;
- Developing, implementing and maintaining a current inventory system for all workforce centers and contractors;
- Serving as the main event manager for all of the Board meetings of the Centralina Workforce Development Board, its committees, as well as Board retreats, which will include meeting preparation, maintaining all minutes and information sharing to Board members;
- Assisting Centralina Workforce Development Board staff in the performance of research work and maintaining a variety of records and files;
- Assisting in the preparation of grant applications and administration of awarded grants.
Desired Knowledge, Skills and Abilities include but are not limited to:
- Ability to plan and organize events and meetings and to organize program and administrative support activities and tasks
- Knowledge of computer applications including Microsoft Office 365 Suite
- Individual must be very detail oriented and be able to prepare and maintain accurate and detailed notes and records
- Must possess the ability to multitask and manage multiple and simultaneous priorities
- Must possess excellent organizational skills and demonstrate the ability to work with a diverse group of service providers, governmental agency representatives, advisory boards, volunteers, consumers, associates and the general public
Minimum Experience at a Glance:
Associate’s degree or 2 years of college and 1 to 3 years’ experience in project/program development with meeting planning and coordination experience. The salary range for the position is $43,148 to $66,447.
Applicant must possess a valid driver’s license and have the ability to physically perform the basic life operation functions of standing, walking, talking, hearing, and repetitive motions, the ability to lift 10 pounds of force occasionally and possess the visual acuity to prepare data, proof work, and do extensive reading.
How to Apply:
Interested individuals are encouraged to send a résumé and cover letter to: firstname.lastname@example.org with “WORKFORCE DEVELOPMENT BOARD COORDINATOR POSITION” in the subject line. Deadline: Open until filled with rolling interviews. Interested applicants are encouraged to apply early. EOE.