The Centralina Regional Council seeks a graduate intern with a background and interest in urban and regional planning with a focus on transportation to work in our Regional Planning Department. The Regional Planning Department’s work includes land use planning, transportation and mobility, healthy communities, Geographic Information Systems (GIS), energy (alternative fuels), and sustainability. Having classwork, experience, and/or interest in these areas is a plus. Our current work includes several major transportation initiatives such as transit, autonomous vehicles, walkability, senior transportation, freight, etc.
Job duties include, but will not be limited to:
- Assisting with meeting and other event coordination and logistics both in Charlotte and elsewhere in the Centralina region.
- Assisting with outreach and engagement activities related to a variety of transportation topics such as transit, connected and autonomous vehicles, and freight mobility, etc.
- Preparing articles and reports on program activities and successes.
- Developing communications for various projects, including building distribution lists, communication avenues, and content.
- Assisting in website updates and better utilizing social media on specific projects.
- Developing online surveys and analyzing results.
- Performing research and analysis on a variety of government related topics.
Hours and Compensation:
- Flexible hours averaging 20 hours per week, between January 2021 and June 2021 (with the possibility for extension)
- Position reports to the Assistant Regional Planning Director
Compensation: up to $16 per hour based on experience
Interested individuals are encouraged to send résumés and a cover letter to: Venecia Rock White, Centralina’s Operations & HR Manager, at firstname.lastname@example.org by 5:00 p.m., Monday, December 28th, 2020. Interviews will occur the first week of January 2021. For additional information on Centralina Regional Council, please visit www.centralina.org. EOE.