The Centralina Regional Council seeks a graduate intern to work in our Regional Planning Department with a background in urban and regional planning. The Regional Planning Department’s work includes land use planning, transportation and mobility, healthy communities, Geographic Information Systems (GIS), energy (alternative fuels), and sustainability. Having classwork, experience, and/or interest in these areas is a plus. Our current work includes several major transportation initiatives focused on transit, autonomous vehicles, walkability, and senior transportation as well as local government land use planning and preparation for a regional GIS and data initiative.
Job duties include, but will not be limited to:
- Assisting with meeting and other event coordination and logistics both in Charlotte and elsewhere in the Centralina region.
- Creating surveys and other engagement tools and compiling and reporting engagement results from various planning projects.
- Performing research and analysis on government related topics.
- Preparing articles and reports on program activities and successes.
- Assisting with outreach and engagement activities related to a variety of land use, transportation, and public health topics.
- Developing social media content on current projects.
Hours and Compensation:
- Flexible hours averaging 20 hours per week, between May 2022 and August 2022 (with the possibility for extension)
- Position reports to the Regional Planning Director
- Compensation: up to $17 per hour based on experience
Interested individuals are encouraged to send résumés and a cover letter to: firstname.lastname@example.org by 5:00 p.m., May 13, 2022. Interviews will be conducted on a rolling basis. For additional information on Centralina Regional Council, please visit www.centralina.org. EOE.