Who We Seek:
Centralina Regional Council seeks a well-organized, customer-service oriented individual for the position of OFFICE SERVICES SPECIALIST to provide administrative related support to community-based services offered and/or managed by the Centralina Area Agency on Aging Department. The Office Services Specialist will provide functional and logistical support to all aspects of aging programs and activities. Flexibility and adaptability are essential skills in the role, along with the ability to succeed in a fast-paced organization with a collaborative teamwork environment.
The Centralina Area Agency on Aging department identifies needs and delivers critical services to support older and disabled adults. Centralina Area Agency on Aging is a division within the Centralina Regional Council.
Centralina Regional Council is an innovative regional planning agency located in Charlotte, NC with a membership that includes 60+ local governments throughout the Greater Charlotte Region. Centralina works with individual communities and leads major projects that transcend local and regional boundaries. Our mission is to lead regional collaboration and spark local action to expand opportunity and improve quality of life. Learn more about our work at www.centralina.org.
The Centralina Team:
Centralina strives to provide an inclusive, creative and supportive work environment for its employees. Centralina’s staff of nearly 50 individuals serve as subject-matter experts to ensure our organization is able to meet critical business needs and is responsive to the needs of those that need our help the most. Centralina’s staff of friendly, talented and professional individuals helps ensure Centralina remains a trusted source of data and analysis that informs decision makers and calls attention to important trends. Centralina is a great place to work, learn and grow in your career.
Centralina offers its employees an excellent benefits package including membership in the NC Local Government Retirement System, 401k, medical, dental, vision and flexible benefits programs.
Description of the Work:
Major duties and responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Providing administrative and clerical support for programs and services as organized and directed using a work request system
- Serving as primary staff support for workshops and events, handling logistics and preparing related meeting materials
- Providing support to the team to include preparing requisitions and purchasing department supplies
- Maintaining web-based calendars and websites and updating social media content
- Maintaining inventory lists of materials and supplies for the department as well as for the department’s outreach initiatives, health fairs and other promotions
- Compiling information using standardized forms, procedures, or specific instructions; entering information into spreadsheets, data bases, etc.
Desired Knowledge, Skills and Abilities include but are not limited to:
- Ability to plan and organize events and meetings and to organize program and administrative support activities and tasks
- Knowledge of computer applications including Microsoft Office 365 Suite
- Ability to maintain confidentiality and possess good decision‐making, problem‐solving skills.
- Individual must be very detail oriented and be able to prepare and maintain accurate and detailed records
- Must possess the ability to multitask and manage multiple and simultaneous priorities
- Must possess excellent organizational skills and demonstrate the ability to work with a diverse group of service providers, governmental agency representatives, advisory boards, volunteers, consumers, associates and the general public
Minimum Experience at a Glance:
High School diploma or G.E.D. equivalency with at least one year of administrative support experience or an equivalent combination of experience and training. The salary range for this position is $37,272 – $57,400.
Applicant must possess a valid driver’s license and have the ability to physically perform the basic life operation functions of standing, walking, talking, hearing, and repetitive motions, the ability to lift 10 pounds of force occasionally and possess the visual acuity to prepare data and proof work.
How to Apply:
Interested individuals are encouraged to send a résumé and cover letter to: email@example.com with “AAA Offices Services Specialist Position” in the subject line. Deadline: Open until filled with rolling interviews. Interested applicants are encouraged to apply early. EOE.