Centralina Regional Council seeks a well-organized, customer-service oriented individual for the position of OFFICE MANAGER. The individual in this role will support company operations and maintain various office systems that require the ability to prioritize multiple tasks with great attention to detail.
MAJOR DUTIES include but are not limited to:
- Ensures the smooth running of the office by assisting in the organization of office operations and procedures.
- Works with the Operations Manager to help identify and resolve office related problems.
- Serves as the point person for maintenance, mailing, shipping, supplies, equipment, etc.
- Coordinates Centralina meetings and related logistics to include catering and conference room set-up.
- Assists in developing standards and promoting activities that enhance operational procedures.
- Develops intraoffice communication protocols and assists in streamlining admin procedures.
- Partners with HR and finance to develop and maintain office policies, as needed.
- Assists in the management of contracts with office vendors and service providers.
- Establishes historical records/reference for office by outlining processes and procedures for various systems.
Coordination of AV System, Fleet and Leased Office Systems:
- Provides and helps maintain the conference room AV systems.
- Oversees any system upgrades performed by vendor.
- Coordinates staff training on system.
- Provides assistance and support during Centralina meetings and events.
- Coordinates fleet maintenance activities.
- Assists with the coordination of copier leases and serves as the main contact to place service calls and oversees toner replacement program; manages the Fiery print command.
- Manages wireless communication devices including smartphones and tablets – ordering, set up and coordination with vendor.
- Provides coordination of the 8×8 phone system; coordinates with vendor as necessary.
- Serves as the liaison with the organization’s managed IT services vendor.
- Maintains computer and equipment inventory and purchase records.
- Coordinates IT purchases and the disposal of old IT equipment.
- Manage the IT Governance purchasing request process.
- Serve as the primary account administrator for the organization’s software licenses (Microsoft Office, Adobe, SurveyMonkey, Zoom, etc.)
- Organizes, leads and helps execute various office and administration related projects.
- Works with Management staff to ensure the project is running smoothly, the scope of the project fits the budget and stays within the scheduled timeline.
- Monitors the progress of the project and coordinates meetings, as needed.
- Organizes staff, as needed, in the planning of certain parts of the projects.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES include but are not limited to:
The individual in this position must demonstrate considerable knowledge of standard office practices, procedures and of office management techniques and equipment. The individual must also possess the ability to manage multiple and simultaneous tasks in an organized and efficient manner. In addition, the individual must be customer service-oriented with the ability to be tactful and courteous and display an ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with a diverse group of individuals including elected officials, governmental agency representatives, stakeholders, the general public, staff, etc. Flexibility and adaptability are essential skills in the role, along with considerable ability to work independently and succeed in a growing, fast-paced organization with a collaborative teamwork environment.
Associate’s/Technical degree in business studies and five years of administrative support experience involving heavy public contact; or an equivalent combination of training and experience. Hiring Salary: $40,000 – $45,000 depending on experience with excellent benefits including NC Local Government Retirement System, 401k, medical, dental, vision, etc.
Send cover letter and résumé to: firstname.lastname@example.org or to 9815 David Taylor Drive, Suite 100, Charlotte, NC 28262. The position is open until filled. EOE.