Be part of a creative team in a dynamic & diverse region!
Who We Seek:
Centralina Regional Council seeks an IT SUPPORT AND TECHNOLOGY ADOPTION SPECIALIST (IT SPECIALIST) to be responsible for enhancing overall IT support services and driving the effective adoption of technology solutions across the organization. This IT role does not involve the management of direct reports but requires the management of vendor relationships and leading an internal IT interdepartmental user group. This onsite role will work closely with the Managed Services Provider (MSP) and IT consultant advisors to ensure seamless IT operations, assist end-users and promote the strategic use of technology.
Centralina Regional Council is an innovative regional planning agency located in Charlotte, NC with a membership that includes 60+ local governments throughout the Greater Charlotte Region. Centralina works with individual communities and leads major projects that transcend local and regional boundaries. Our mission is to lead regional collaboration and spark local action to expand opportunity and improve quality of life. Learn more about our work at www.centralina.org.
The Centralina Team:
Centralina strives to provide an inclusive, creative and supportive work environment for its employees. Centralina’s staff of nearly 50 individuals serve as subject-matter experts to ensure our organization is able to meet critical business needs and is responsive to the needs of those that need our help the most. Centralina’s staff of friendly, talented and professional individuals helps ensure Centralina remains a trusted source of data and analysis that informs decision makers and calls attention to important trends. Centralina is a great place to work, learn and grow in your career.
Centralina offers its employees an excellent benefits package including membership in the NC Local Government Retirement System, 401k, medical, dental, vision and flexible benefits programs.
Description of the Work:
Major duties and responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- End-User Support – Providing timely and responsive technical support to all Centralina staff for technical challenges beyond the scope of the MSP’s support responsibilities; troubleshooting and resolving problems while ensuring excellent customer service.
- Technology Adoption & Continuous Improvement – Collaborating with Centralina departments to assess their technological needs to identify opportunities for process improvement through the strategic implementation and adoption of technology solutions.
- Training & Workshops – Developing and conducting technology training sessions, workshops and documentation to help staff effectively utilize existing and new technologies.
- Vendor Coordination – Liaise with the MSP and other technology vendors (Audio-visual, printer, telephone, finance/business apps) to manage service requests, monitor service level agreements and ensure the delivery of quality IT services.
- IT Security & Operational Governance – Assist in reviewing/revising IT policies, procedures and best practices and enforcing adherence to security, data protection and compliance policies.
- IT Asset Management – Maintain an inventory of hardware and software assets and oversee the lifecycle (i.e. procurement, deployment, maintenance, retirement) of all IT assets such as hardware and software licenses.
- Administrative/Lead Internal IT Governance Team – lead the IT Team meetings, oversee information dissemination from the MSP, provide department-specific solutions, and ensure efficient communication with leadership and all-staff for IT-related updates.
- Data Management – working with the MSP to ensure backup and recovery processes and the integrity and availability of critical data.
Desired Knowledge, Skills and Abilities include but are not limited to:
- Experience using and training others on Microsoft 365 capabilities including SharePoint, Teams, OneDrive, and Exchange is highly desired. A Microsoft 365 Certified Administrator is preferred.
- Other relevant certifications for networking, telephony, and security are a plus.
- Strong knowledge of hardware, software, networking, and operating systems.
- Demonstrated ability to troubleshoot technical issues and implement effective solutions.
- Experience in conducting technology training sessions and developing user documentation.
- Familiarity with IT best practices, data security, and compliance standards.
- Strong organizational and time-management skills to prioritize tasks effectively.
- Knowledge of ITIL or other IT service management frameworks is desirable.
- Excellent verbal and written communication, including the ability to present complex ideas clearly.
- Skills in influencing and negotiation; ability to be persuasive and adept at influencing others to gain buy-in for strategic decisions.
- Ability to work independently as well as collaboratively with internal teams.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with staff, vendors and others.
Minimum Experience at a Glance:
Bachelor’s degree in Information Technology, Computer Science or related field with at least three years of experience providing IT support and training that involving the understanding and adoption of technology solutions or an equivalent combination of education and experience. Hiring Salary: DOQ. A background in the public sector, particularly in government, regional planning organizations, or regulated environments such as medical services, courts, or the military where data privacy regulations and government security standards prevail would be very advantageous.
Applicant must possess a valid driver’s license and have the ability to physically perform the basic life operation functions of standing, walking, talking, hearing, and repetitive motions, the ability to lift 20 pounds of force occasionally and possess the visual acuity to prepare data and proof work.
How to Apply:
Interested individuals are encouraged to send a résumé and cover letter to: firstname.lastname@example.org with “IT Specialist Position” in the subject line. Deadline: Open until filled with rolling interviews. Interested applicants are encouraged to apply early. EOE.