Centralina’s Community Economic Development (CED) Department seeks a COMMUNITY DEVELOPMENT (CD) COORDINATOR to provide support to the department to help ensure housing and infrastructure development activities meet federal, state and local building regulations and grant program requirements and to work with local governments to implement effective and efficient infrastructure that support public health and economic resilience.
MAJOR DUTIES include but are not limited to:
- Supporting the CED department in the implementation of fair housing functions that are critical to ensuring residents have access to housing that is safe, sanitary, secure, affordable and compliant with all applicable regulations and standards.
- Supporting the department’s work with member governments to implement effective and efficient infrastructure to support public health and economic resilience.
- Assisting with contracts management to ensure the department and/or stakeholders are informed of and comply with the requirements of the law and any state and federal regulations related to the program or project.
- Assisting in the administration and implementation of technical assistance projects including the review of construction and building plans to ensure they meet all applicable building codes and regulations.
- Working with department staff to ensure all housing records, agency and contractor staff time, expense claims, procurement, budget management documentation, cost documentation and other relevant documentation is maintained.
- Working with contractors, vendors and consultants on necessary program functions.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES include but are not limited to:
- Knowledge of relevant laws, rules, regulations, policies and procedures of federal and state housing and infrastructure construction services, activities and bid practices.
- Government agency implementation of community revitalization, housing, infrastructure, and sustainable development practices.
- NC building codes relevant to implementing community housing and infrastructure resilience measures.
- Sustainable and resilient development practices within communities.
- Ability to work simultaneously on a variety of projects both independently and in a team environment.
- Ability to manage state and federal grant related records, information and follow up.
- Ability to work cooperatively and establish and maintain effective and courteous working relationships with Centralina members and other business and education leaders, municipal officials, federal and state agency associates, and the general public.
MINIMUM REQUIREMENTS: Bachelor’s Degree in areas such as, public administration, land use planning, community development, business management, or related field and 2-5 years of experience in construction management preferred. Knowledge of building codes, construction management, economic development, administering federal and state grant programs and project management experience NC Code Officials Qualification Board Certification is preferred.
Hiring Salary will be determined based on qualifications, education and experience. Centralina has an excellent benefits package including membership in the NC Local Government Retirement System, 401k, medical, dental, vision and flexible benefits programs.
Applicant must possess a valid driver’s license and have the ability to physically perform the basic life operation functions of standing, walking, talking, hearing, and repetitive motions, the ability to lift 20 pounds of force occasionally and possess the visual acuity to prepare data, proof work, and do extensive reading.
Send cover letter and resume to email@example.com. Position is open until filled with rolling interviews. Interested applicants are encouraged to apply early. EOE