Be part of a creative team in a dynamic & diverse region!
Who We Seek:
A Communications Coordinator is needed to support member engagement, event promotion and program materials related to Centralina Regional Council. The incumbent will develop and distribute outreach, promotional, and educational materials; oversee social media, website content, etc. and gather and analyze data for use in related reports for Centralina departments, including the Area Agency on Aging. Must be well‐organized and able to work collaboratively with cross-departmental teams and have a strong communications and marketing background.
Centralina Regional Council is an innovative regional planning agency located in Charlotte, NC with a membership that includes 60+ local governments throughout the Greater Charlotte Region. Centralina works with individual communities and leads major projects that transcend local and regional boundaries. Our mission is to lead regional collaboration and spark local action to expand opportunity and improve quality of life. Learn more about our work at www.centralina.org.
The Centralina Team:
Centralina strives to provide an inclusive, creative and supportive work environment for its employees. Centralina’s staff of nearly 50 individuals serve as subject-matter experts to ensure our organization is able to meet critical business needs and is responsive to the needs of those that need our help the most. Centralina’s staff of friendly, talented and professional individuals helps ensure Centralina remains a trusted source of data and analysis that informs decision makers and calls attention to important trends. Centralina is a great place to work, learn and grow in your career.
Centralina offers its employees an excellent benefits package including membership in the NC Local Government Retirement System, 401k, medical, dental, vision and flexible benefits programs.
Description of the Work:
Major duties and responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Working with the Communications Manager to implement communications strategies and support annual workplan initiatives
- Creating content for electronic communications including website, blog(s), and social media sites;
- Working with Centralina staff and external stakeholders to write and edit success story articles for Centralina websites;
- Designing and/or editing and distributing a variety of outreach materials including ads, flyers, brochures, banners, fact sheets, event signage, invitations, etc. as needed;
- Managing and updating print/photo/video library of success stories, events, etc.;
- Tracking and reporting analytics on social media platforms and Google Analytics
Desired Knowledge, Skills and Abilities include but are not limited to:
- Excellent oral and written communication and organizational skills, considerable attention to detail and the ability to multitask and manage multiple and simultaneous priorities.
- Must demonstrate the ability to comprehend and transform sometimes complex information into clear, concise, useful and exciting messages.
- Must possess strong, creative problem-solving skills including the ability to apply sound judgment and innovative ideas to meet challenges.
- Ability to change priorities quickly while maintaining attention to detail and accuracy.
- Familiarity with Word Press or another content management system.
- Familiarity with Loomly or another social media scheduling software.
Minimum Experience at a Glance:
Bachelor’s degree in public administration, political science, business communications/marketing or related field and 3 to 5 year’s experience in marketing and public outreach/education. Video editing and graphic design experience is desired but not required. Hiring Salary: $48K – $50K with excellent benefits including NC Local Government Retirement System, 401k, medical, dental, vision, etc.
How to Apply:
Interested individuals are encouraged to send a résumé and cover letter to: email@example.com with “Communications Coordinator Position” in the subject line. Deadline: Open until filled with rolling interviews. Interested applicants are encouraged to apply early. EOE.