Be part of a creative team in a dynamic & diverse region!
Who We Seek:
Centralina Regional Council seeks an experienced business professional for the position of Business Services Leader for the Centralina Workforce Development Board (WDB). The individual in this role will develop working relationships with the business community and with workforce development, economic development, education, and community partners. The Business Services Leader will be responsible for assessing needs and delivering quality services that helps to add value to the success of local employers to find and retain talent and to build business competitiveness.
Centralina Regional Council is an innovative regional planning agency located in Charlotte, NC with a membership that includes 60+ local governments throughout the Greater Charlotte Region. Centralina works with individual communities and leads major projects that transcend local and regional boundaries. Our mission is to lead regional collaboration and spark local action to expand opportunity and improve quality of life.
Centralina WDB is a division within Centralina Regional Council. Centralina WDB initiates planning, negotiation and integration of various workforce services in seven of the nine counties of the Centralina region. The core functions of the Board are policy guidance, program oversight, coordination of services and building partnerships with businesses to connect talent to employment.
The Centralina Team:
Centralina strives to provide an inclusive, creative and supportive work environment for its employees. Centralina’s staff of nearly 50 individuals serve as subject-matter experts to ensure our organization is able to meet critical business needs and is responsive to the needs of those that need our help the most. Centralina’s staff of friendly, talented and professional individuals helps ensure Centralina remains a trusted source of data and analysis that informs decision makers and calls attention to important trends. Centralina is a great place to work, learn and grow in your career.
Centralina offers its employees an excellent benefits package including membership in the NC Local Government Retirement System, 401k, medical, dental, vision and flexible benefits programs.
Description of the Work:
Major duties and responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Overseeing and implementing collective business engagement strategy for the region
- Coordinating business services outreach with multiple workforce development, economic development and education partners in the region
- Working with local, regional and state economic development organizations on projects for new and expanding industries in the region
- Promoting services offered by the Centralina WDB and NCWorks Career Centers to businesses
- Providing technical assistance and labor market information to businesses
- Coordinating and managing:
- UpSkill Centralina (incumbent worker training) services
- B2B Engage – client relation management tool
- Centralina Virtual Career Marketplace – virtual hiring event tool
- Worker Adjustment and Retraining Notification (WARN) – Rapid Response/Talent Transition services for employers experiencing layoffs or closing
- Making public presentations and representing local workforce development services in meetings with business community
- Using workforce intelligence to map talent pipeline needs
- Developing and maintaining effective working relationships with federal, state and local officials and employers
Desired Knowledge, Skills and Abilities include but are not limited to:
- Considerable knowledge of the local labor market, industry sectors, and the hiring practices and procedures of local employers
- Considerable knowledge of business practices, supervisory techniques, and training needs of businesses
- Considerable knowledge of the Workforce Innovation and Opportunity Act (WIOA) including all applicable regulations and procedures
- Considerable knowledge of economic and social characteristics of the labor market and region
- Knowledge of grant writing, budget development and management
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with agencies, local governments, private industry, general public, state agencies and others
- Ability to express ideas orally and in writing
- Ability to utilize tact and firmness in dealing with difficulties generated by businesses
- Ability to use a variety of advisory data and information such as business periodicals, business laws and financial regulations, computer documentation, and labor market information
- Skill in conducting training, public speaking, meeting facilitation and establishing rapport with employers and clients
- Ability to negotiate and monitor contracts and collaborate with partners effectively
- Ability to apply creativity and effective problem-solving, facilitation and mediation skills to address barriers to program success
- Ability to pro-actively market services to the business community and recruit them to utilize said services
- Ability to analyze problems and come to reasonable conclusions using available data; creativity, judgment and initiative
- Ability to prepare and maintain a variety of records and reports
Minimum Experience at a Glance:
Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration or Human Resource Management or other closely related field required with 3 to 5 years’ experience working with private sector businesses; or equivalent combination of education and experience. Experience in marketing and/or sales activities is desired. Salary is depending on qualifications, education and experience. Applicant must possess a valid driver’s license.
How to Apply:
Interested individuals are encouraged to send a résumé and cover letter to: firstname.lastname@example.org with “Business Services Leader” in the subject line. Deadline: Open until filled with rolling interviews. Interested applicants are encouraged to apply early. EOE.