Centralina Regional Council seeks a highly motivated, innovative financial professional for the position of ASSISTANT FINANCE DIRECTOR to assist in executing the fiscal, business and accountability functions of the organization. The selected candidate must be a strong leader as well as a team player who models exceptional customer service.
MAJOR DUTIES include but are not limited to:
- Managing and directing the day-to-day operations of the finance office.
- Assisting the department director in formulating departmental policy and developing goals and objectives, as well as, keeping the director informed of critical issues and developments.
- Ensuring day-to-day accounting and fiscal activities are in conformance with generally accepted accounting principles and standards and appropriate laws and regulations within the State of North Carolina and governing Local Municipalities relating to cash management, revenues, payables, payroll and budgeting.
- Applying extensive knowledge in local government finance administration to the organization’s accounting, payroll and grant related work and projects.
- Directly supervising, reviewing and evaluating work of finance support staff.
- Effectively communicating and presenting financial matters of the organization to staff, Directors and the Board, as needed.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES include but are not limited to:
Considerable knowledge of generally accepted accounting principles and of government statutes and regulations. Ability to plan, organize, direct and evaluate the work of staff. Must demonstrate excellent communication and relationship building skills and the ability to positively represent the department. Must also demonstrate the ability to prioritize, negotiate, and work with a variety of internal and external stakeholders.
Bachelor’s degree in accounting or finance with five to seven years of financial statement analytics and supervisory experience or an equivalent combination of education and experience and training. A Master’s degree is preferred. Certified Public Accountant (CPA) and/or Certified Public Finance Officer (CPFO) designation is desirable. Hiring Salary: Starting at $70K depending on experience with excellent benefits including NC Local Government Retirement System, 401k, medical, dental, vision, etc.
Send cover letter and résumé to: firstname.lastname@example.org or to 9815 David Taylor Drive, Suite 100, Charlotte, NC 28262. The position is open until filled. EOE.