AN AGING PROGRAM SPECIALIST is needed to support the program and services provided by the Centralina Area Agency on Aging. Must be well-organized, customer-service oriented and have a strong human services background. The Centralina Area Agency on Aging department identifies needs and delivers critical services to support older and disabled adults. Centralina Area Agency on Aging is a division within the Centralina Regional Council.
MAJOR DUTIES include but are not limited to:
- Assisting the agency in implementing programs and services to serve the elderly population in a nine county region;
- Providing technical assistance and serving as a primary contact and resource to local governments, community service providers, consumers and others for assigned program areas;
- Designing and implementing monitoring processes to audit program funding;
- Designing and preparing related reports and presentations;
- Developing communication plans, as needed; and
- Designing and delivering training to increase awareness of assigned programs and initiatives.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES include but are not limited to:
Knowledge of federal and state regulations as they relate to aging programs that help meet the needs of the older population. Knowledge of the physical and mental health, nutritional, economic, social, housing, and recreational needs of older adults. Ability to maintain the confidentiality of client information as required by State and Federal laws and regulations and professional practice standards. Ability to be very detail oriented and be able to prepare and maintain accurate and detailed records and possess the ability to multitask and manage multiple and simultaneous priorities. Must also possess excellent oral and written communication skills, strong organizational skills and demonstrate the ability to work with a diverse group of service providers, governmental agency representatives, advisory boards, volunteers, consumers, associates and the general public.
MINIMUM REQUIREMENTS: Bachelor’s degree in human services, psychology, counseling, social work, or related field; or an equivalent combination of education and experience and training. Hiring Salary: $41-43K depending on experience with excellent benefits including NC Local Government Retirement System, 401k, medical, dental, vision, etc.
Send cover letter and résumé to: firstname.lastname@example.org or to 9815 David Taylor Drive, Suite 100, Charlotte, NC 28262. The position is open until filled. EOE.