Be part of a creative team in a dynamic & diverse region!
Who We Seek:
Centralina Regional Council seeks a well-organized, customer-service oriented individual with a keen eye for detail for the position of ACCOUNTING SPECIALIST that will have primary responsibility over Accounts Receivable (AR), cash management and grant administration functions. Work will involve applying established accounting procedures, principles of bookkeeping and basic fund accounting to review and process accounting documents. The successful applicant will exercise good judgment in selecting and applying appropriate policies and procedures and demonstrate tact and diplomacy in dealing with vendors, coworkers and citizens in conducting the organization’s business.
Centralina Regional Council is an innovative regional planning agency located in Charlotte, NC with a membership that includes 60+ local governments throughout the Greater Charlotte Region. Centralina works with individual communities and leads major projects that transcend local and regional boundaries. Our mission is to lead regional collaboration and spark local action to expand opportunity and improve quality of life. Learn more about our work at www.centralina.org.
The Centralina Team:
Centralina strives to provide an inclusive, creative and supportive work environment for its employees. Centralina’s staff of nearly 50 individuals serve as subject-matter experts to ensure our organization is able to meet critical business needs and is responsive to the needs of those that need our help the most. Centralina’s staff of friendly, talented and professional individuals helps ensure Centralina remains a trusted source of data and analysis that informs decision makers and calls attention to important trends. Centralina is a great place to work, learn and grow in your career.
Centralina offers its employees an excellent benefits package including membership in the NC Local Government Retirement System, 401k, medical, dental, vision and flexible benefits programs.
Description of the Work:
Major duties and responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Performing general accounting duties to help ensure the stability of the organization’s operations.
- Processing accounting receivables and incoming payments in compliance with financial policies and procedures.
- Performing day-to-day financial transactions, including preparing, recording, posting and reconciling accounts receivable data.
- Recording cash deposits and reconciling bank statements.
- Reconciling federal grant activity to request draw reimbursements.
- Managing the organization’s contracting and agreements process by routing internal and external signatures and organizing/maintaining related records and documentation according to internal processes and State regulations.
Desired Knowledge, Skills and Abilities include but are not limited to:
- Knowledge of laws, general statutes, rules, and regulations governing specific governmental accounting tasks.
- Knowledge of general accounting principles and practices.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite and related software as well as related accounting software programs.
- Ability to compile, evaluate and reconcile a variety of accounting records and reports and make arithmetic computations accurately and with reasonable speed.
- Ability to change priorities quickly while maintaining attention to detail and accuracy.
- Ability to stay organized and maintain documents and files in an orderly manner.
- Ability to communicate effectively and follow instructions.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with a variety of people, including staff, vendors, general public, program participants, etc.
Minimum Experience at a Glance:
Associate’s degree with a field of study in accounting and one to three years’ experience in an automated fiscal or accounting environment. Experience in the public sector is desirable but not required. Hiring Salary will be determined based on qualifications, education and experience.
Applicant must have the ability to lift 10 pounds of force occasionally and possess the visual acuity to prepare data, proof work, and do extensive reading.
How to Apply:
Interested individuals are encouraged to send a résumé and cover letter to: email@example.com with “Accounting Specialist Position” in the subject line. Deadline: Open until filled with rolling interviews. Interested applicants are encouraged to apply early. EOE.