Be part of a creative team in a dynamic & diverse region!
Who We Seek:
Centralina Regional Council seeks a well-organized, customer-service oriented individual with a keen eye for detail for the position of ACCOUNTING SPECIALIST. The individual in this role will have primary responsibility for invoicing, purchasing and inventory tracking. Work will involve applying established accounting procedures, principles of bookkeeping and basic fund accounting to review and process accounting documents. The successful applicant will have excellent written and verbal communication skills; have strong attention to detail to keep accurate accounting entries and have solid organizational skills to keep track of accounting records.
Centralina Regional Council is an innovative regional planning agency located in Charlotte, NC with a membership that includes 60+ local governments throughout the Greater Charlotte Region. Centralina works with individual communities and leads major projects that transcend local and regional boundaries. Our mission is to lead regional collaboration and spark local action to expand opportunity and improve quality of life. Learn more about our work at www.centralina.org.
The Centralina Team:
Centralina strives to provide an inclusive, creative and supportive work environment for its employees. Centralina’s staff of 50+ individuals serve as subject-matter experts to ensure our organization is able to meet critical business needs and is responsive to the needs of those that need our help the most. Centralina’s staff of friendly, talented and professional individuals helps ensure Centralina remains a trusted source of data and analysis that informs decision makers and calls attention to important trends. Centralina is a great place to work, learn and grow in your career.
Centralina offers its employees an excellent benefits package including membership in the NC Local Government Retirement System, 401k, medical, dental, vision and flexible benefits programs.
Description of the Work:
Major duties and responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Performing general accounting duties to help ensure the stability of the organization’s operations
- Performing day-to-day financial transactions, including preparing, recording, posting and reconciling related accounts data
- Processing invoices in accordance with contracts and tracking on master schedules and maintain reconciliations
- Recording cash receipts on daily basis
- Reconciling multiple bank statements
- Working with team members on purchases including travel plans; contacting and receiving informal quotes from appropriate vendors; comparing costs
- Preparing and processing requisition forms
- Interacting with vendors to complete purchases, schedule delivery times, etc.
- Reviewing and maintaining good documentation of purchasing files and records (purchase orders, requisitions, contracts, etc.) to ensure compliance with company policies and procedures and ensuring the availability of documentation
- Reconciling credit card purchases to purchase orders and invoices
- Updating and maintaining received stock and inventory on purchased items
Desired Knowledge, Skills and Abilities include but are not limited to:
- Knowledge of general accounting principles and practices.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite and related software as well as related accounting software programs; strong Excel skills is necessary.
- Ability to compile, evaluate and reconcile a variety of accounting records and reports and make arithmetic computations accurately and with reasonable speed.
- Ability to change priorities quickly while maintaining attention to detail and accuracy.
- Ability to stay organized and maintain documents and files in an orderly manner.
- Ability to communicate effectively and follow instructions.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with a variety of people, including staff, vendors, general public, program participants, etc.
Minimum Experience at a Glance:
Associate’s degree or two years of college with a field of study in accounting and one to three years’ experience in an automated fiscal or accounting environment or equivalent combination of skills and experience. Experience in the public sector is desirable but not required. Hiring Salary will be determined based on qualifications, education and experience.
Applicant must have the ability to lift 10 pounds of force occasionally and possess the visual acuity to prepare data, proof work, and do extensive reading.
How to Apply:
Interested individuals are encouraged to send a résumé and cover letter to: firstname.lastname@example.org with “Accounting Specialist Position” in the subject line. Deadline: Open until filled with rolling interviews. Interested applicants are encouraged to apply early. EOE.