Centralina Council of Governments (CCOG) seeks a well-organized, customer-service oriented individual with a strong background in local government policy for the position of Government Affairs and Member Engagement (GAME) Analyst. The GAME Analyst will help the Team to increase CCOG’s profile as a resource and trusted partner to our member governments and regional stakeholders.
CCOG is an innovative regional planning agency located in Charlotte, North Carolina with a membership that includes 60+ local governments throughout the Greater Charlotte Region. CCOG’s mission is to lead regional collaboration and spark local action to expand opportunity and improve quality of life.
MAJOR DUTIES include but are not limited to:
Government Affairs Activities & Special Projects
- Collaborating with the Executive Director on CCOG’s Federal Action Agenda strategy, including monitoring legislative activities and drafting documents;
- Managing the intake of member inquires for support/services and coordinating the response across CCOG departments;
- Researching a variety of topics for the purpose of providing information and recommendations in response to member inquiries; and
- Identifying and researching best practices on topics related to annual CCOG priorities, including public administration and management.
Member Engagement & Communications
- Assisting with member engagement and communications activities that promote the CCOG brand in the region;
- Creating content for CCOG social media accounts and organizing cross-platform content strategies;
- Monitoring social channels and responding to feedback, questions and concerns; and
- Supporting development of the organization’s electronic newsletter and website, including content creation, formatting and copy editing.
GAME Team Collaborative Support
- Supporting the Team with correspondence, meeting preparation, including research, document prep and scheduling upon request;
- Prioritizing and following up on external issues and concerns addressed to the Executive Director and determining appropriate course of action, referral, or response; and
- Participating in the planning and implementation of GAME meetings, workshops and/or training, including the CCOG Board of Delegates Meetings, Regional Managers and Regional Mayor peer groups.
The individual in this position will work in cross-departmental teams and will be expected to develop a strong working knowledge of CCOG operations and policy areas in order to fulfill the duties of the position. In addition, the individual must be customer service-oriented with the ability to be tactful and courteous and the ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with a diverse group of individuals including elected officials, governmental agency representatives, stakeholders, the general public, staff, etc. Successful candidate must also be very detail oriented and possess the ability to multitask and manage multiple and simultaneous priorities. Considerable knowledge of basic editing in the AP-style and ability to use correct grammar, vocabulary, and spelling is required. Experience in graphic design and content management systems like WordPress is a plus.
Bachelor’s degree in political science, public policy, public administration or closely related field with a strong background in local government policy; or an equivalent combination of education and experience. Hiring Salary: $43-45K with excellent benefits.
Send cover letter and résumé to: CCOG, “GAME Analyst Recruitment”, 9815 David Taylor Drive, STE 100, Charlotte, NC 28262 or email to email@example.com. Deadline: Friday, October 25, 2019 at 5:00 p.m. CCOG is an equal opportunity employer.