Event Date:Start at 2:00 PM
November 18, 2021
Local elected and appointed officials are called on to make a lot of hard decisions, some of which are about land use planning and zoning, both of which greatly affect your community’s quality of life. This part of your role can engender a great deal of public input and advice and your decisions are fraught with competing public values. In this interactive class you will learn the ten most important things to know about your role in land use planning and zoning.
Questions we will consider include:
1. What’s the point of zoning? (Purposes of development regulations)
2. Whose rules apply where? (Jurisdiction and ETJ)
3. Why do we have to plan? (160D and plan requirement)
4. My neighbor is doing what?! (Zoning and development regulation)
5. What’s gonna happen to that pretty farmland? (Land subdivision regulation)
6. Can’t we just say no? (Types of decisions)
7. How do we stay out of court? (Considerations for rezoning)
8. Can we get better development? (Design and form based codes)
9. How do we slow this down? (Growth management tools)
10. My neighbor is still doing that! (Enforcement of development regulations)
For more information, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.