Centralina seeks a well-organized, detail-oriented individual with knowledge of community and economic development programs for the position of Community Development Specialist.
Centralina is an innovative regional planning agency located in Charlotte, North Carolina with a membership that includes 60+ local governments throughout the Greater Charlotte Region. Centralina’s mission is to lead regional collaboration and spark local action to expand opportunity and improve quality of life.
MAJOR DUTIES include but are not limited to:
- Performing research work for regional and local studies in areas such as housing, economic development and local government assistance
- Coordinating meetings, workshops and other events relating to departmental programming; collaborating with staff to ensure effective demonstration/representation of projects and programs
- Designing and creating relevant newsletters, press releases, brochures and other printed materials for the department in line with Centralina marketing and branding efforts
- Assisting with contracts management for the department and helping ensure that the department and/or stakeholders are informed of and comply with the requirements of the law and any federal regulations related to the program or project
- Researching and helping to coordinate grant opportunities; participating in grant administration to include managing grant related records, documentation and correspondence and maintaining contact with various funding agencies
- Maintaining departmental database and organizational files
- Working with contractors, vendors and consultants on necessary program functions
- Performing other related duties as assigned
Individual must be able to work independently, possess good decision-making, problem-solving and organizational skills, as well as written and oral communications skills, interpersonal skills, critical thinking and analytical skills. Must also demonstrate the ability to work with a diverse group of governmental agency representatives, associates and the general public. Experience with federal grant programs and project management is preferred.
MINIMUM REQUIREMENTS: Graduation from a four-year college or university with a degree in public administration, public policy, business management or related field and experience in community and economic development and planning activities; or an equivalent combination of education and experience. Hiring Salary: $39-41K with excellent benefits.
Send cover letter and résumé to email@example.com. The position is open until filled with rolling interviews. Interested applicants are encouraged to apply early. Centralina is an equal opportunity employer.