Centralina Council of Governments, a local government organization, seeks a well-organized, detail-oriented individual to process payroll/benefits and perform other general accounting functions. Work involves processing in-house biweekly payroll, recording and reconciling all payroll and related accounts to the general ledger and other general accounting functions.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Process payroll and related accounts including reconciling to the general ledger.
- File monthly, quarterly and annual reports relating to payroll, including processing W2s.
- Assist with annual audit, obtaining and reconciling information as requested.
- Ability to compile, evaluate, and reconcile a variety of accounting records and reports as well as the ability to make arithmetic computations accurately and with reasonable speed.
- Ability to develop and maintain working relationships with a variety of people, including vendors, general public, program participants, coworkers and supervisors.
- Must communicate effectively in oral and written forms and be able to set priorities and to manage time effectively for self and others as appropriate.
- Must possess the ability consistently meet deadlines.
- Must display accuracy and speed in data entry and work.
Qualifications and Skills
- One – two years’ experience of processing in-house payroll and reconciling benefit accounts, including quarterly and annual filings. Knowledge of payroll laws and filing requirements.
- One – two years’ experience with general ledger reconciliation including encumbrance reconciliations.
- Knowledge of laws, general statutes, rules, and regulations governing specific governmental accounting task.
- Degree in accounting or related field.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office and knowledge of the application of information technology including specialized financial software.
- Must be self-motivated and detail oriented.
Hiring Salary: $37K to $39K DOQ with excellent benefits.
Send cover letter and résumé to: CCOG, “Accounting Technician Position”, 9815 David Taylor Drive, Suite 100, Charlotte, NC 28262 or email to firstname.lastname@example.org. Open until filled. EOE.